The Airbnb Cleaning Checklist: A Step by Step Guide
Here is a checklist for cleaning Airbnb apartments
1. Replace the linens and towels
- Towels, bathmats, bedsheets and tea towels should be stripped thoroughly. You should replace these items with new ones.
2. Keeping the kitchen clean
- Dishes left out should be washed and put away
- Dishwasher should be empty
- Clean and function all other appliances
- Inspect the fridge for anything left behind by guests, wipe any spills, and ensure that consumables such as milk.
- Wipe down all kitchen surfaceshen benches
- Polish sink, taps, and other hardware.
- Take out garbage.
3. Maintain a clean bathroom
- Sanitize and clean the toilets
- Make the sink and mirror sparkle
- Depending on how long your guests stayed, you may only need to wipe over the shower for most cleans, and give it a deeper clean periodically.
- Squeegee the glass shower screen.
- Make sure the drainholes are clean.
- Take out the garbage.
4. Ensure consumables are restocked
- You can leave whatever you like for your guests, but typically this would include:
5. Organize, clean, and reset
- Cleaning is necessary on a spot-by-spot basis: wipe down light switches, tables, and skirting boards. While you’re dusting, make sure no items have been left behind by guests.
- Check that all lights are working (keep spare light bulbs handy! ), that taps aren’t dripping or leaking, that fans, air conditioning, heaters work, and maybe leave a lamp on for late-arriving guests!
- Set the room up neatly and reset the decor: stack magazines, plump up cushions, straighten rugs, arrange decor items, place guest information booklets, and redraw blinds and curtains.
6. Clean the floors by sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping
- You may only need to spot vacuum or spot mop the floors depending on the type of floor you have, how dirty it is, and how long your guest stayed.
- Make sure your porches, balconies, and outdoor entertaining areas are clean, tidy, and dirt won’t track into the house by sweeping up dirt, debris, leaves, etc.
7. Preparing the guest room
- You may leave any extra touches for your guests, such as chocolates, wine, flowers, bread & cheese, or gift certificates. Get the names of your guests on the welcome board if you have one. Verify that keys have been returned.
Keep the big picture in mind
Airbnb hosts who master their changeover cleaning routine often neglect the ‘big picture’ presentation of their properties. The majority of tasks, such as cobwebbing, window cleaning, carpet steam cleaning, and pressure washing, do not need to be completed every changeover. However, they certainly accumulate over time and affect the presentation of your Airbnb. Prepare by washing your rangehood filters, vacuuming your window tracks, and dusting your blinds! Call us instead and we’ll give your Airbnb the spring clean it deserves to keep it clean, fresh, and fully booked 🙂