What are 10 Secret Techniques To Improve Bond Cleaning
A lot of people think that cleaning a rental property is a waste of time and money. They think they should just deduct the cost from their bond, but it’s not that simple. A lot of tenants don’t know what they have to do in order to get the full amount back from their landlord or real estate agent. And if you are renting out your property on Airbnb, you need to make sure that it’s clean enough for guests too! This post will give you some tips on how to make sure your bond is returned without having to spend hours scrubbing every surface in sight:
Table of Contents
Eliminate the Pet Hair
To remove pet hair from furniture, floors, and carpets:
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a pet hair attachment.
- Use a damp cloth to remove pet hair from hard surfaces.
- Use a lint roller or doormat to remove pet hair from clothing.
- Use an electrostatic brush for furniture if you have pets in the house (the fine metal bristles will attract loose fur).
Wash the Windows
- Mix a solution of water and vinegar.
- Squeegee off the water from the window using a squeegee.
- Use a sponge to remove any remaining streaks from the window.
- Dry off your windows with a soft cloth to remove excess moisture, if necessary.*
Clean the Skirting Boards
There are a number of techniques you can use to clean skirting boards.
- Remove the skirting boards and wash them with a soft brush or sponge.
- If there has been any paint on your skirting board, you can sand this off using a fine grain sandpaper and then repaint it if required before putting it back up again with some wood glue or screws and nails (depending on what type of material you have used for your skirting board).
- You should also vacuum the edges under where your furniture meets the wall as well as any corners which may be hard to reach by hand cleaning alone – especially if they are difficult places to reach because of staircases leading up from them!
Remove Stains from the Walls
- For older stains, you’ll have to use a scrubbing brush. Clean it thoroughly and make sure the bristles are in good shape.
- Use a sponge to apply water and dish soap (one part dish soap to three parts water) directly onto the stain. Wipe away with a wet paper towel or cloth until all of the stain is gone.
- If your walls are painted, be careful not to get any of this mixture on them because it can damage them!
Get Rid of the Cobwebs
- Sweep the cobwebs away with a broom
- Vacuum them away
- Wipe them away with a wet cloth
Clean the Kitchen Appliances and Cupboards
It’s easy to forget how much gunk can build up on your kitchen appliances and cupboards. The following list covers all of the areas that need a thorough cleaning:
- Washing dishes
- Cleaning the fridge
- Cleaning the oven
- Cleaning the dishwasher
- Cleaning the microwave (if you have one)
- Cleaning your stovetop, including burners and drip pans/grills/grates (if you have one) * Cleaning or replacing your sink strainer when necessary * Clearing garbage disposal if needed
Clean and Dust Above the Fridge and Cabinets
- Remove the cover of the fridge. This is a great place to start because it’s usually dirty and hard to reach. You will have to clean both sides of the shelves, as well as around any pipes or motors that may be there. 2. Clean your back wall with a vacuum or cloth (if you are using a cloth make sure that you don’t leave any marks). 3. Vacuum under your sink and around your plumbing pipes if they are not sealed in plastic tubing already 4 If there is dust on top of your cabinets, use an eraser (like those found in pencil sharpeners) and gently rub off the dust—don’t use too much force here! 5 To clean door handles simply wipe them down after removing all fingerprints
Clean Inside All Kitchen Drawers
The inside of your kitchen drawers should be cleaned as well. Look for any food that has spilled over, and remove it with a soft cloth and warm water. You can also use a small brush to clean the grooves and corners, which are often missed by other cleaning methods. If you want to be thorough, clean your kitchen drawers with a vacuum cleaner twice per week!
Clean and Wash Underneath All Appliances
Cleaning under the appliance is a necessary task. There are two ways to do it: you can either use a vacuum cleaner or a broom and dustpan. The first method is preferable because it will let you remove the dust and dirt from beneath your appliances without having to move them away from their original position, which is more convenient.
The second option means moving your appliances aside so that you can clean them properly. This will make it easier for you if there are heavy items like refrigerators, washing machines or stoves since they cannot be moved easily by hand alone. However, this method isn’t recommended if there aren’t any heavy appliances present in your home such as these ones mentioned above because moving them around could cause damage due to their weight (especially in case of refrigerators).
‘DIY end of lease cleaning’ is a great way to save money on your rental property’s bond. However, it takes up a lot of your time. If you want to get back your bond money but don’t have the time, you should consider hiring professionals.
If you’re short on time, or just want to spend less and get your bond back quicker, then hiring a Bond Cleaning Service is the best option for you. We can save you hours of cleaning and we ensure that all the requirements are met so that you get your bond back in full.
With these 10 secret techniques, you can make your rental property look like new. By following our tips and tricks, you will save time and money on your bond cleaning services.